Decorate a book by wrapping it with a basic crochet stitch point, the single crochet.
This tutorial is dedicated to all the moms who want to give color and fantasy on the desk of the children’s bedroom, with leftover thread of various colors.
🎬 Video tutorial how to crochet a book cover
Useful information before starting
- VIDEO COLLABORATION WITH: Lisa Davì CrochetRomance Youtube Channel
The used crochet point stitch is the single crochet (US terms) worked in row.
As a reference to the dimensions of the cover, I took a book of 24 cm in height and 32 cm in width.
🧶 Used yarn and accessories
- 🧶 100 gr Miss tricot yarn Abbraccio (Merino Touch) 100% Microfiber Bulky (5) white color (code 1)
- crochet hook: 6,5 – 7 mm (US K – 10,5 / UK 4 -2)
- tapestry needle
I choose this yarn for several reasons:
- softness; if the kids fall asleep while reading, they can even use it as a soft cushion 😂
- range of pastel colors ;there are 20 color to choose, visit Lisa’s shop: www.filatiromance.com!
- thickness; I search about a quick yarn to work and, of the Miss Tricot line, it is the thickest yarn;
- if it should be filled with dust, it can be washed either by hand or in the washing machine with a gentle wool wash, but without spinning.
🌸 Crochet book cover instruction
Before starting, take a book as you like and want to cover it and follow the instructions below based on the book you have chosen!
|The processing is really simple to carry out, you have to work rows of SC that reaches the width of the book, in my case 32 cm length.
|Work in and return rows until you reach the height of the book, in my case 23 cm in height.
|Work SC all around the cover and only in the corners, make 2 SC (increase)
|Work two rectangular strips to be fixed on the sides of the cover to recreate a pocket where the book can be inserted, to block it. Change the crochet hook 4 mm to make the strips.
Give me an opinion of this crochet tutorial
💭 How did you find this tutorial? Give me a vote (1 star not good – 5 very good).
Give me a vote about this crochet tutorial
Leave me a comment or write me if you have questions about this tutorial!
This crochet item is completed! I hope you enjoy my tutorial and leave me a comment to give me your opinion!
I can’t wait to see your version of this project! Feel free to tag me (@giuliapinkytime) in your photos on Instagram or Facebook if you’d like!
📌 If you find error in my English instructions, please write me here, I’ll be grateful for your help and collaboration!
Happy Pinky Time, stay curious, and see you in the next tutorial 😘
This pattern is an original pattern by Giulia Mollica of giuliapinkytime. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern, but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use, but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern, but please clearly credit the design to me, Giulia Mollica of giuliapinkytime. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!