Crochet a small basket made with jute yarn to decorate your home with a rustic item make with your hand.
In this tutorial, I show you how to crochet a rustic small basket with jute yarn to decorate your home.
🎬 Video tutorial to crochet a small basket with jute yarn
Let me know what you think below, give me a THUMBS UP 👍 if you like it and if it was helpful.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel to never miss any future videos!
Useful information before starting
Start working in continuous round without closing with a slip stitch.
Use a stitch marker to sign the first or the last stitch of each round and move it up.
To make a decorative border, I choose the CRAB STITCH.
📗 Abbreviations & meanings (US terms)
- CH = chain
- SC = single crochet
- SLST = slip stitch
- HDC = half double crochet
- DC = double crochet
- TRC= treble crochet
- INC = Increase, 2 SC in the same stitch
- DEC = Decrease, 2 SC together
- REP * = repeat from * to * until the end of the row
🧶 used yarn and materials
- 🧶 JUTE Mondial yarn orange color and COTTON green color
- Crochet hook: 5 mm (with jute yarn) e 3 mm (with cotton yarn)
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker
The cotton yarn is to use to make an external decoration on the small basket, and is facultative to make.
Using the same yarn, the final size will be 9 cm height and 10 cm weight.
🌸 Crochet mini basket pattern
To work this basket, use Jute yarn and a 5 mm crochet hook.
Work in continuous round without closing the round with a slip stitch, but mark the last or the first stitch of each round (I prefer the last one).
|1||MR and 6 SC||6|
|2||INC in each stitches around||12|
|3||* 1 SC, INC *; REP *||18|
|4||1 SC, INC * 2 SC, INC *; REP * and finish with 1 SC in the last stitch||24|
|5||* 3 SC, INC *; REP *||30|
|6||1 SC back loop only in each stitches around||30|
|7||1 SC in both loop, in each stitches around||30|
|8||* 3 SC, DEC*; REP *||24|
|9||1 SC in each stitches around||24|
📗 Finish edge working a CRAB STITCH
It is a FINISHED EDGE made directly on the crochet work to create a twisted, rounded edge. Instead of working from right to left, you work from left to right.
- Start with 1 CHAIN
- Insert the hook, from front to back, in the next stitch to the right. Be sure to have the right side of your work facing you.
- Yarn over and draw the yarn through the stitch.
- This step is similar to how you work a regular single crochet, only backwards.
- Yarn over and draw the yarn through the 2 loops on the hook to complete the crab stitch.
📗 Crochet embroidery
Now we’re going to make a CROCHET EMBROIDERY, we’re going to work in front of the basket just below the edge finished with the crab stitch.
Use cotton yarn with your favorite color.
- Hook the yarn and go in the stitch working behind the first column of the single crochet below the edge. Make an SC behind each stitches around with the green yarn. Finish the round, make 1 SC in the first stitch.
🎬 Watch the video tutorial to better understand what you have to do in this step.
- Continue the round working ONLY FRONT LOOP (1 SC, 2 HDC, 1 SC) in the same stitch, skip 1 stitch and work again the stitches described in the brackets (…).
- Fasten off, cut the yarn and hide it under the stitches.
🎨 The Easter colors
See in the list below what color you can use to decorate your home in Easter:
- YELLOW – sunlight, symbol for the period that attracts Spring !
- PINK – is the color that confers passion and vitality in love for others and for oneself. The characteristic of this color is to lighten the mind and to dispel negative thoughts that can be hidden in it, but it also symbolizes the ability to open up to others.
- LIGHT BLUE – is the emblem color of loyalty and idealism, conveying a sense of calmness.
- GREEN – a color that emanates a sense of balance, compassion and harmony. It transmits love for everything concerning the natural kingdom, favoring the right contact with the laws of nature and respect for traditions.
That are all colors that attract your heart’s desires for spring: sun, flowers, sky and meadowland that I love!
Now choose some of this color to decorate your table for Easter and do not forget chocolate eggs
How did you find this tutorial?
💭 How did you find this tutorial? Give me a vote (1 star not good – 5 very good).
Give me a vote about this crochet tutorial
Leave me a comment or write me if you have questions about this tutorial!
This crochet item is completed! I hope you enjoy my tutorial and leave me a comment to give me your opinion!
I can’t wait to see your version of this project! Feel free to tag me (@giuliapinkytime) in your photos on Instagram or Facebook if you’d like!
📌 If you find error in my English instructions, please write me here, I’ll be grateful for your help and collaboration!
Happy Pinky Time, stay curious, and see you in the next tutorial 😘
This pattern is an original pattern by Giulia Mollica of giuliapinkytime. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern, but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use, but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern, but please clearly credit the design to me, Giulia Mollica of giuliapinkytime. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!